ArticlesMigration to Europe without a European Passport.


Migration to Europe without a European passport

So, you’ve decided to move to Europe? There may be many reasons for that, of course, and everything is going great – until you find out that you are not eligible for a European passport. Is this the end of your plans and dreams? Not at all. Even if you are not eligible for European citizenship, you can still move to one of the European countries you wanted, just that the route will be through a residency permit. While the European Union is a unified political entity, it is important to remember that it is still made up of many different countries, each with slightly different immigration policies. Therefore, it is important to consult with experts, that is, with a company that specializes in immigration to the specific country you are aiming for. Nevertheless, we will try to provide you with general information and explanations that will help you understand the big picture.

It is also important to note that we will not deal here with the issue of family unification. If you are in a relationship with a person who has European citizenship, you can receive a visa and usually quite easily, but you should check this with the Ministry of the Interior of the country where your spouse is a citizen.

Other ways to immigrate to Europe without a European passport? There are actually three ways: work, study, and opening a business or investment.

The common way to obtain a residency permit in one of the European countries is through a job where you will be employed. If an international company, for example, wants to employ you, you can get a temporary residency relatively easily and simply. Although in most countries the company will need to demonstrate that it needs a specific specialist that is difficult to find in their country, and that specialist is you. Since sometimes this can be challenging, not every company that wants to employ foreign residents, so the story may be problematic. Only if you have a rare profession and exceptional knowledge, or there is a serious shortage in the country you are targeting, you may be considered as an expert in your field. In any case, a residency permit that is tied to a job ends when the contract between you and your job abroad ends. If this happens after a year or two, you will need to find an alternative job quickly, which may be problematic.

Another common option is a student visa. Most European Union countries will be happy to give you the opportunity to study at your institution, and you can get a temporary residency if you are a student or engaged in academic research. In some countries, you may even be able to legally work with a student visa, but only part-time. Here, too, we return to the problem of the previous paragraph: the temporary residency permit expires at the end of the degree, and if you want to continue living in the country where you studied, you will need to find a job there urgently. It should be noted that a year of study is considered half a year of permanent residency. It is true that if you have learned the local language in the meantime and have a sought-after profession and degree (also having graduated in Europe), you have a good chance, but it is still a story. Many Israelis use this route – move abroad to study for an advanced degree, and stay. If you are young, talented, and ambitious, this could be a great way for you, but you need to know all the local laws and regulations for opening a business, managing it, reporting, taxation, and more. We recommend staying in touch with professionals who know the place well and can assist you in all the stages of the transition and management.

 Call  WhatsApp chat

Ask a question on any topic and get an answer from company representative

Font Resize

Want to talk?